The 5th International Conference on Community Based Adaptation (CBA) to Climate Change, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 24-31 March 2011 The conference aims to:
- Share the latest developments in adaptation planning and practices, priority sectors and measures at different levels, and disseminate knowledge among stakeholders and communities.
The specific objectives are:
- Bring different stakeholders and practitioners to share and discuss knowledge of Community Based Adaptation (CBA) planning and practices from different parts of the developing world, particularly Bangladesh.
- Capture the latest learning from CBA planning and practices around the developing world.
- Enhance capacity of the practitioners to help the most vulnerable groups and people in improving livelihoods in developing countries.
- Share lessons learnt to facilitate integration of climate change into national and international development programmes.
- Disseminate lessons learnt at the conference through proceedings and immediate conference summary.
Important dates:Submission of abstract: 31 October 2010Acceptance of abstract: 15 November 2010Application for participation (self-funded): 31 December 2010Date of arrival in Dhaka: 24 March 2011Field visit: 25-27 March 2011Workshop: 28-31 March 2011Depart Dhaka: 1 April 2011Organisers:
- International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS)
- The Ring Alliance of Policy Research Organisations