Mountain People Adapting to Change: Solutions Beyond Boundaries Bridging Science, Policy, and Practice
DATE OF ENTRY
International Conference on Mountain People Adapting to Change: Solutions Beyond Boundaries Bridging Science, Policy, and Practice
The international conference titled ‘Mountain People Adapting to Change: Solutions Beyond Boundaries Bridging Science, Policy, and Practice’ will be held from 9–12 November 2014 in Kathmandu, Nepal as ICIMOD’s annual flagship event. The conference aims to strengthen links and promote knowledge sharing between climate scientists, policy makers and practitioners and explore holistic solutions for adaptation that transcend political, sectoral, and national boundaries.
The conference will bring together over 200 experts and stakeholders from around the globe, including government representatives and dignitaries from the Hindu Kush Himalayan Region. In addition to high-level panel discussions and internationally renowned speakers, the conference will have a number of dynamic features to promote interaction and the sharing of ideas, including knowledge cafés, daily news bulletins, and live-streaming of key sessions.
The conference will focus on:
- current adaptation science in natural and social disciplines;
- adaptation policy and action;
- innovative adaptation solutions from organizations working in the Hindu Kush Himalayas;
- presentations from young scholars and change-makers;
- good adaptation practices; and
- the way forward for adaptation in the Hindu Kush Himalayan region.
Knowledge from the conference will also be shared through a range of post-conference publications, including peer-reviewed journals.